Medium-density fibreboard (MDF)
Medium Density Fibreboard is made of wood fibres which are fastened by the means of their fulling-mill and pressing. For its excellent treatment features, stability and even density in all area, it is often used in production of furniture facades.
During the production of MDF, the amount of formaldehyde pitches is low, which is equated to the amount formaldehyde pitches produced by natural wood. MDF has high indexes of environmental friendliness. For its physical features and peculiarities of production, MDF has got smooth surface, which can be painted with various paints or covered with other coatings.
Advantages of MDF:
- Ecologically clean material
- Excellent treatment features
- Costs less than wood solid
- Long period of exploitation
- Resistance to moisture and thermal impact
Disadvantages of MDF:
- Especially inflammable material
Laminated medium-density fibreboard (LMDF)
Laminated MDF – board covered with sheet, MDF with melamine coating. Laminate and sheet are produced from the paper of certain ornament and texture (imitation of wood solid). After processing with melamine pitch, paper becomes hard and fragile, in the way of pressing the sheet is firmly connected to the surface of board. There are two ways of sheet connection to the surface of the board: caching and laminating. Caching is the process of finish of MDF with the sheet of hardened paper with a tentative surface covering with glue.
Laminating is the process of decorative covering, affected by pressure and temperature. Independent of the way of covering, such board is called MDF with melamine coating.
Advantages of LMDF:
- Plenty of different colours and textures, imitation of wood solid
- Resistance to mechanical disturbances
- Resistance to thermal impact (hot teapot, pans)
- Resistance to moisture, mould and fungal.
Disadvantages of LMDF:
- Especially inflammable material
MDF is covered with natural wooden veneer
Natural wooden veneer – thin layer of wood which is used for covering MDF. For veneer production, classical kinds of wood are used (walnut, obtuse, maple, oak, ash) as well as exotic ones (wenge, mahogany, bass, aningre).
MDF covered with natural wood sheet look like wood solid, and the surface of items has its own exceptional features, which are not possessed by natural wood.
Advantages of MDF covered with natural wooden veneer:
- Texture and colour of natural wood solid
- Popular price
- High aesthetic characteristics
- Possibilities of production of attractive and qualitative models
- Having the possibility of being renewed
Disadvantages of MDF covered with natural wood solid:
- Like natural wood solid, sensitively reacts to temperature fluctuations
Eco leather imitates the structure of leather. Polyurethane with micro-pores and especially thin fibre (cotton) is used for its production. Eco leather – modern material, the main objective of manufacturers was to combine the features of natural leather and material upholstery. During the exploitation, polyurethane does not emit harmful materials, for this reason, the title eco leather” was born.
Advantages of eco leather:
- Leather “breathes”, is fully air and water vapour permeable
- Warm and pleasant to touch
- Does not emit harmful materials
- Resistant to waste
- Resistant to cold up to -35°C
Soft furniture from natural leather has always been the indicator of luxury and respectability; such furniture decorated ancient palaces and castles. What do we know about natural leather furniture today? Leather soft furniture are universal, they are suitable for both home and office. At home they create comfort and provide solidarity to an office. But the buyer usually has a question whether it is worth buying such furniture. We will provide some objective arguments for being able to facilitate the choice of potential buyers.
Advantages of natural leather furniture:
- Leather does not allow for dust gathering
- Does not accumulate pet fur, this is especially relevant for allergic people
- Practical, stains and traces from food and drinks almost do not soak in
- Does not accumulate smells
- Long exploitation period. If any deteriorations occur, they do not disfigure the general look, gives a gentle charm and the image of ancient furniture.
Disadvantages of natural leather furniture:
- Pets can scratch the surface of leather
- Leather furniture should be kept further from direct sunlight as leather can get dried and fragment
- Leather is especially capricious, it requires maintenance, and twice a year leather should be cleaned with special means.
It is not a secret that during the ages, people continually produced furniture from wood solid. Different kinds of wood, which are used in furniture manufacturing, have own exceptional features: wood facture and texture after processing, colour and stability.
Advantages of furniture from wood solid:
- Naturalness and environmental-friendliness
- Wide choice of textures and colours
- Restoration of various arched forms
- Easy maintenance
- Possibilities of restoration
Disadvantages of furniture from wood solid:
- Wood solid is really sensitive to temperature fluctuations